Every home is different, but common high-touch surfaces include: Door handles, tables, chairs, handrails, kitchen, and bathroom surfaces
It’s important not to wipe cleaning solutions off as soon as you’ve applied them to a surface. Many disinfectant products, such as wipes and sprays need to stay wet on a surface for several minutes in order to be effective.
Handling and preparing food
It is important that we try our maximum to eat home-cooked food and avoid eating from outside, even the food preparation process at home must be done cautiously, using clean utensils. Now since it’s the cold season, making food like soups to keep the body warm is advised to avoid eating food that can lead to cold and flu-like ice-creams or soft drinks.
- Remove any unnecessary packaging and dispose into a waste bin with a lid.
- When ordering outside food it’s always important to transfer food from take-out containers into a clean plate immediately.
- Packaging like cans can be wiped clean with a disinfectant before being opened or stored.
- Wash fruit and vegetables thoroughly under running water.
Taking steps in your home to limit contamination and avoid the spread of infection is of utmost importance. Try avoiding gatherings of a large crowd at home. Be cautious with people suffering from cold or flu as this will help avoid the spread of germs from entering our homes.
- Isolate people who are sick with COVID-19
- Have everyone in the house and those visiting your place wash hands regularly, especially when they enter your house.
- If any family member in the home has been sick or affected with covid, disinfect the house.
Cleaning Around The House
It’s very important to keep our homes sanitized and disinfect whenever possible, keeping the bathroom, kitchen, and bedrooms clean is essential. Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces in your home regularly is an important precaution to lower the risk of infection. Follow disinfectant instructions of usage for safe and effective use, including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation.
How to disinfect
- ALWAYS follow the directions on the label. Doing the cleaning correctly is important and following instructions will help us avoid any improper use.
- Keep disinfectants out of the reach of children
- Always wear gloves before disinfecting.
Clean visibly dirty surfaces with household cleaners containing soap or detergent before disinfecting, if your disinfectant product does not have a cleaning agent it is advised to buy a product that has a cleaning agent so that the house is super clean in all areas.