The best approach to take when someone is tested positive in your home is to first stay calm, stressing only leads to unwanted tension, having a calm mind will help you make a better decision.
It is very unfortunate when one of the family members at home is tested positive, especially with small kids around, try keeping the distance at all times.
If you stay in a house with more rooms having the patient in a separate room is always advisable, if the rest of the family can look for an alternative stay that is much more advisable.
Some tips that can help you and the rest of your family be protected even when one is tested positive
- Avoid physical contact, keep your distance.
- Use masks even at home
- Do not allow outside visitors
- Disinfect and sanitize the house
- Use gloves while preparing, serving, and cleaning utensils and food
- Avoid using the same washroom.
- Avoid having outside food and serving outside food to the patient
- Stay connected to the doctor and local hospital and take all the medication on time with utmost care.
Following the above tips will help you and your family live in a free and safe. COVID space, COVID has taken so much time from us, it’s time we do not allow it in our homes! Always stay safe and be mindful of your health and others.
Tips to Protect yourself and others
- Get vaccinated as quickly as you can, especially if you are eligible.
- Authorized COVID vaccines can help protect you from the virus.
- Wear a mask the right way, use a proper mask that covers your nose and mouth, do not wear the mask in a wrong manner especially in a crowded area
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, places like bars, restaurants, movie theatres, and fitness centers as these places have a higher risk of the virus so avoid going to these areas for a certain time period.
- Keep your doors and windows open and let the ventilation pass through your house.
- If experiencing any symptoms of COVID, getting tested immediately is advised without any delay.