The kitchen is one of the major areas in a house and is essential to keep it clean and hygienic. A pleasant and appealing layout of the kitchen area gives the whole house elegance and appeal. Whether you’re customizing your kitchen in your new house or renovating your kitchen in your house or your workplace, an efficient kitchen layout should be high on your list of priorities.
Big & Spacious households and offices have enough space allotted just for these activities. However, the necessity for Flexible kitchen ideas arises when one doesn’t have enough space. We usually lack enough kitchen space in small apartments, offices and homes. A smart plan will take every opportunity to assist you to get the most out of the room.
The key element for having a functioning and practical kitchen space is getting your kitchen layout right. Luckily, we have tons of kitchen ideas that are flexible to maximize storage and efficiency. It’s all about working with the layout of your space, whether your kitchen is confined to a single wall, U-shaped, or tucked in a corner.
Some of the most commonly found kitchen layouts, with tips to help you make the best of the space available are mentioned below.
A) The One wall Kitchen Design Ideas: If you have only a wall and a lot of width to work with, then shelves will help you create the extra space in your kitchen that you are looking for. You can even arrange your Fridge, Sink at the ends and ovens in the middle to use the space efficiently.
B) The Galley Kitchen: This layout offers you a more flexible and larger storage space within two walls. It is ideal for big families as well as work areas with only one wall.
C) The L-Shaped Kitchen: The L-shaped kitchen features two perpendicular walls of cabinets. This layout helps you utilize the space that is generally lost in the corners.
D) The U- Shaped Kitchen: The U-shaped kitchen has three adjacent walls of cabinetry. These grants access to more space for larger kitchens. It has plenty of storage space and the installation of open or closed shelves to the three walls enables large workflows for several users simultaneously.
E) The Island Kitchen: The island kitchen offers more space for work as well as in the center of the kitchen itself. It is the best choice in open plane homes. This gives access to utilize the area to cook while still using it to enjoy meals with the family and friends. This layout for your kitchen can also provide you with an opportunity for interior design improvements like lightings to add an extra spark to your house.
F) The Peninsula Kitchen: This layout involves a wall within the kitchen, that can be removed to open the area up to an adjacent room without giving up on storage space. It is a great solution for a small enclosed kitchen.
Some Flexible Kitchen Ideas:
If you are renovating your home or starting from scratch, here are some Flexible kitchen ideas to help you utilise your kitchen space more efficiently. These ideas will serve to increase your cooking and/or storage area at the same time will beautify your kitchen. All these ideas are noted keeping in mind the above Flexible Kitchen Layouts.
- Install a floating table: Install a floating shelf or table for extra counter or dining space. This is good if your kitchen is narrow, as it allows you to easily fold and close the table against the wall when it is not in use.
- Ovens: One can use multi-purpose or speciality ovens to save space, time and money. At the same time, the arrangement of the oven is a key factor to make your kitchen look good while enabling smooth workflow.
- Get rid of unwanted clutter: Store your unwanted or rarely used items in your upper cabinets so, that kitchen looks clean. This tip will also give you some extra space and make your kitchen area look clean and tidy, which will make you more inclined to minimize the mess.
- Add lights to Shelves and cabinets: Different types of lights can be introduced within the cabinets to improve the look and efficiency of your kitchen. It also helps give the space a layered look.
- Opt for small appliances: Using High-Quality small and multipurpose appliances is ideal to reduce space and to make it look more beautiful. The arrangement of such compact appliances can turn any space into a highly functional kitchen.
- Beautify Kitchen wall spaces: You can decorate your kitchen walls using paint and chalkboards and artefacts even to enhance the beauty of the kitchens. A pleasant and appealing design of the kitchen area gives the whole house elegance and appeal.
- Use floor and wall patterns: The kitchen floors and walls tend to be dull and begins to lose their sheen over some time. Minor changes like ceramic tiles, attractive flooring, wallpaper, rugs can make the kitchen seem more lovely and appealing.
- Kitchen Colours: The right colours will make your kitchen look clean and elegant. The pop of colour will liven up the kitchen layout and help space and cabinets stand out. Generally, marine blue, white, forest green, chocolate brown, ivory, yellow, red, green, blue and grey are all popular paint colours, both for walls and kitchen décor.
- Choose Custom Hardware: Customising the cabinets, knobs or switchboards to the latest design is a good idea. I would save space inside the kitchen while making it more convenient and organised at the same time as per your requirements. This would also enhance the look of your kitchen.
- Install a pot rack: Bulky pots and pans take more valuable storage space, using your wall space in your kitchen is a great option. You’ll free up your counter space and benefit from freeing up extra kitchen storage space for other essentials. It can be used to hang pots & pans, but can also store other kitchen items.
As you can see, there are many different ideas you can use to save space in your kitchen and thus make this part of your house more livable. There are a lot more Flexible Kitchen Ideas where we can use modern kitchen design solutions to use space efficiently and to make the kitchen look elegant and simple at the same time. Considering that a kitchen is one of the most vital spaces, you should explore all the best options available to make your kitchen organized and convenient while simultaneously enhancing the beauty of your house.
Small space solutions:
We believe small kitchens are a chance for design innovation. Maximize your kitchen storage and efficiency with these design ideas.
You can use small spaces to create multipurpose rooms and only display things that look appealing together. You can even try hanging the heavy utensils to avoid occupying more space in cabinets.
If one has a very small Kitchen area the following organising methods will help to create more storage space:
- Cabinet Organization,
- Countertop Organization,
- Drawer Organization,
- Fridge Organization,
- Sink Top Organization,
- Under Sink Organization
You can modernize your kitchen and make it more efficient by using some of these ideas. A pleasant and appealing design of the kitchen area gives the whole house elegance and appeal. Using furnished and customized cabinets, LED lighting systems, Green plants are some ways of adding extra attraction for open space kitchen.
Painting beautiful colors to walls, Opting cabinet oriented Kitchenware, Small Standard Kitchen appliances, Multipurpose kitchen tables, Creative art works and Handicrafts, wall painting in the kitchen are some of the best ideas to make your kitchen look Splendid & Beautiful. Cooking is truly an art, and any home chef needs inspiration. An aesthetically pleading and organized kitchen can be the source of inspiration you need.